Domains are the web addresses to your website or blog .Everyone who wants to get Online must have a domain or a subdomain.Get More Detail on Domain here.
In this Blog, I will guide to through the process of registering a domain and getting it ready for your website and some tips that you can consider while buying a Good domain name.A good domain will help you in future for Ranking and maintain a Brand name.
- 1 Steps to pick a good domain name for your blog of website
Why should be Pick Good domain name?
You should choose a good domain name because it will be your web name until you holds the website. it would be easy for the visitor to remember.As you buy domain it will come with 0 domain authority and you will have to build the domain authority and trust of the visitor.
A good domain will help you improve ranking in the search engine to a slight extent if your domain contains the keywords that have Good searches in the search engines.
Steps to pick a good domain name for your blog of website
Using Keyword in Domain name
Using the keyword in your domain name will be helpful for you to get a slight side toward SEO Rankings.As your domain name will reflect the niche of your website/blog SO your domain must be near the topic on which you are starting the blog.it becomes easy for the visitor to remember your Domain.
eg www.seo.com is much good than www.jojo.com
Choose easy to remember domain names
Your domain name must contain the word that is frequently used .It will be easy remembered by the visitors and chance of visiting your blog will increase.
Keep the domain name short and clean
Keep your domain short and clean means choose a domain name that is not too long as it makes it hard to remember and to pronounce for the visitor.Long domain names can easily mistype by the visitor during searching and you will lose traffic .Keep it small as possible and following above two points.
Use of Hyphens
One of the major disadvantages of using hyphens in the domain name is mistyping by the user. eg when you tell someone that your domain name is SEO ranker he/she will think of seoranker.com, not seo-ranker.com until you tell them.So as far as possible keep it hyphens proof.
But here comes the problem that most of the domains that contain keyword are bought.In that case, you can use the hyphen between your domain name.
Choose Business name
Most of the time you will try to choose a name that is popular like TECHGEEK. But you will not find any domain even near the domain techgeek.com [ nearly bought].So do a research on the domain and finds some good domains and choose any of them and build a brand name with them.
Use an appropriate domain name extension
Use domain extension that suits your business most.
Extensions are suffixes, such as .com or .net, at the end of web addresses.
As .com is in trends and everyone is going to choose them But it will be better to choose a domain name related to your field.If you’re starting a shop than consider you name.shop as by seeing we can get information about your business [ A shop ].Here I have listed some domain names with their areas of use:-
- .co: an abbreviation for company, commerce, and community.
- .info : informational sites.
- .net: technical, Internet infrastructure sites.
- .org: non-commercial organizations and nonprofits.
- .biz: business or commercial use, like e-commerce sites.
- .me: blogs, resumes or personal sites.
In the case, you find it hard to choose an extension then go with .com as it is quite famous.
Some General things to remember!
- Don’t choose a domain that is near to established domains like amazon.com thinking it will increase your SEO ranking …No, it will not.
- Use a Unique name with you build a brand name with and going to keep it for years.
- Choose domain fast.As thousands of the domain are selling each day and every people is in search of a good domain.
- Register your domain name from Trusted company. The online market is full of scam so Please do a research about the company in case the company is new.It’s quite better to go with well established and reputed domain registrars.