Hostgator offers various plans from single domain hosting to multiple domain hosting.In single domain hosting we are limited to 1 domains but multiple domain we can addon domain to our primary domains.Friend’s I am assuming you have a hosting with Hostgator [If you don’t have click here for offers].
I will show how to add more domains to your primary domain on HostGator hosting. Let’s Start
Login to your Cpanel and search for addon domains and click on it
Note:if you have multiple domain hosting Only the this option will be shown
- Addon domain is a tab where you can manage all your domains that are an add-on to your primary domain.Here you can add, delete and edit addon domains.
On clicking, below screen will appear
Here you have entered three things:-
- New domain Name: it’s the domain that you are going to add
if you want to add http://yourdomain.com then fill "yourdomain" in domain name
- In the document, root choose the directory in which you will use for the domain and its files.
- Click on add Domains and addon domain will be created.
You must have domain ownership and its name servers must point towards HostGator name servers.
Here is knowledge point:-
- Addon domain you added is also a subdomain of your primary domain.
You can access by
http://addondomain.com/ (As an Addon Domain Name) http://addondomain.com.primarydomain.com/ (As a Subdomain Name) http://primarydomain.com/addondomain.com/ (As a subfolder)