WordPress power about 25% of the world website.Wordpress is a CMS made in PHP languages and best for bloggers.
Your web hosting provider will provide CPanel credentials and Cpanel address to you after purchasing a plan .In this post I will show everything from the start so that you can follow me along.Let’s start
- 1 Steps to install WordPress on web hosting
- 2 Automatic Install using Softacolous Installer.
- 3 2.Manual Install Using WordPress zip
- 3.1 After choosing a new window showing your directory will open.Upload WordPress zip content in the directory [Main Directory].
- 3.2 Create a database from MySQL Databases in Cpanel.
- 3.3 Go to File Manage as above and file wpconfig.php inside the extracted files.Right click and edit it.
- 3.4 Install WordPress
Steps to install WordPress on web hosting
Go to Cpanel address you have been provided and Login using your credential.
After you log in to Cpanel. Now you have three methods for WordPress installation
- Automatic Install using Softacolous Installer.
- Manual Install Using WordPress zip.
- Paid installation from MOJO marketplace.
I will show them one by one:-
Automatic Install using Softacolous Installer.
- Go to your Cpanel and search for Quick Install or WordPress.
Here are three inputs
- In Choose Protocol “HTTP://” is set by default.You can choose “HTTPS” if you have a valid SSL certificate installed on your server
[Its secure than http]
- In choose domain choose your domain on which you want to install WordPress.
- In the “In Directory” choose you installing directory
if you choose 'wp' the your root address will be 'http://yourdomain.com/wp/' if you left it blank then your root address will be 'http://youdomain.com/'
Here you have to enter site name and site description.These will appear on site upper URL bar.
Enter your Admin credentials.You will be using these credential while logging into you WordPress admin dashboard.Choose strong passwords !.
After that click on Install button and its done.
2.Manual Install Using WordPress zip
- Download WordPress.zip from wordpress.org.
- Open file manager in Cpanel.
After choosing a new window showing your directory will open.Upload WordPress zip content in the directory [Main Directory].
Be sure to upload the content inside the WordPress folder obtained by extracting WordPress zip file.
Your WordPress installation will be on http://yourdomain.com.
if you uploaded the WordPress folder.
Then your WordPress installation will at http://yourdomain.com/wordpress/
Create a database from MySQL Databases in Cpanel.
After choosing MySQL Databases to enter the database name and remember it.
Go to File Manage as above and file wpconfig.php inside the extracted files.Right click and edit it.
open the “wp-config.php” in your favorite text editor and update the DB_NAME, DB_USER, DB_PASSWORD . It should look similar to the following:
// ** MySQL settings ** //
define('DB_NAME', 'you_wordpress_domain_name'); // The name of the database
define('DB_USER', 'your_database_username'); // Your MySQL username
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'Your_database_password'); // ...and password
define('DB_HOST', 'yourdomain.com'); // it will be automatically chnages
Install WordPress by visiting “http://www.your-webiste.com/wp-admin/install.php”
Set all the credentials and after completion, you will be redirected to WordPress login screen.
Enter your username nad password and that’s it You have successfully configured WordPress installation.