As User targeting is one of the major sources of driving traffic so most of the blogger are Using PUSH notifications.
In this method, you send recent updates or post in the form of Notifications to user’s Browser or Device.These type of notifications are most targeted and you can provide latest updates to User instantly.You may have seen push notification on your android device or browser that usually occur on the right corner of the browser.
There are many types of notifications you can send some of them are below:
1.Safari style Notification
This notification will have UI of safari browser notification.As these type of notification have sleek look and So these are most used by bloggers.Here is look of Notification
2.Bell style Notifications
Visitor subscribes to notifications by clicking on bell present on the right corner.Have a look
3.Bar style subscribe
Here user browser will have a bar on the bottom displaying prompt to subscribe to the notification.
Steps to Add Browser Push Notifications to your WordPress site
- Get an account on PushEngage.
They offer many paid plans but there is also a free plan .Go to the website and complete the signup process.
Enter your details and subdomain you want to choose
- After completing the signup process.
Go to Settings >> Installation Settings and apply your website setting and upload logo of your website
- Go to Plugins > Add New and search for “PushEngage”. Install and activate the plugin. [Link to the plugin]
- You need an API Key to completely activate the plugin.
Go to Setting >> Get API Key >> Generate API Key
- Choose the UI of Notification
Go to Settings >> Subscription Dialog setting
There will be four type of Box available choose any of them, Safari style is popular.
- Go to Dashboard and choose Push engage.
Enter your API key there and activate it .
- You may confiure GCM as it helps you to send notifications to Android devices and chrome based apps.
How to send Notifications
Go to Notification >> New notification and create a notification, send it.
You can manage all the stats at Dashboard.Here you will see
- All subscriber report
- Live subscribers and views
- Subscriber Graph analytics
Notify on update
This plugin will add extra button in post section from where you can manage the notification of the post.